Everyone has their favorite baby products and I am not an exception to that rule. There are some products I either purchased or were given that were complete lifesavers. And though every baby is different, for the sake of keeping other mommies sane, I feel compelled to share some of my favorites.
- Let’s talk butts- more specifically butt cream. I’ve been fortunate that LT (Liam Thomas) hasn’t had many rashes, but when he did, my go-to product was, and still is, Palladin, hands down. It can only be purchased online at rashcream.com, but to make up for the shipping costs, it is a relatively inexpensive product. It’s thick, goes on smoothly and has no odor. It’s the bomb-diggity.
- Because my husband and I live an hour away from our families, traveling overnight is a must. We have a Pack N Play, but in some occasions, the Pack N Play just wasn’t conducive for the type of visit we were planning. For example, we went camping with my brother and his now fiancee in May. Four adults, three dogs and an infant in a pop-up camper did not lend itself for much room for a large Pack N Play. So we brought a little travel bassinet in its place. I was given the bassinet as a gift and it was perfect for our trip! We placed the bassinet on the bed where I could be close to him yet not worry all night squishing him if I rolled over in my sleep. The bassinet we received was similar to this one and can be purchased at Babys R Us.
- If you have even the slightest hopes of ever having a decent night’s sleep upon your new baby’s arrival, do yourself a favor and get a few swaddle blankets with Velcro. Just do it. Liam had the habit of flailing his arms all over the place when he slept which resulted in him hitting himself in the eye, nose, whatever and waking himself up. After several nights of this, we broke out the Velcro swaddle blanket and ahhhh sleep at last. This particular swaddle blanket is perfect because the Velcro really holds him in snug without the chances of him breaking free. Of course as he got older he was able to break free, but that just meant he was ready to not use them any more.
- I never registered for a bouncer but man am I glad my dad and step-mom bought LT one for Christmas. Having the ability to bring the bouncer in the bathroom if I was showering or the bedroom if I was getting ready was ideal! It didn’t do too much in terms of soothing him if he was crabby, but it certainly was helpful as I tried to get chores done throughout the house.
- The last of my baby favorites is something we are actually using now. LT is teething hardcore with four chompers coming in at the top. Though he is still extremely happy, smiley and cheerful, I can tell it bothers him, so I bought something called a Fresh Food Teether. I got mine at Target for $2.99 and he LOVES IT! It’s basically like a giant ring pop that you can fill with food. When taken apart, I add chucks of frozen fruit in the netting and close it up. He gets overly enthusiastic when he sees me take it out of the drawer. Best three bucks ever.
There you have it. These are just five of my baby favorites. Stay tuned for more as he gets bigger!